A Birthday Surprise or Two for Nana
December 2004 - The week before my 47th birthday, I went to spend a few days with Janelle, Drew, Cj, and McKenzie. Janelle gave me a marvelous professional full body massage. It was the BEST!! I highly recommend and I will be making a habit of them, myself.
I also got a birthday cake one night, which was pretty funny. Drew and Cj went and got it (trying to surprise me). They slipped into the kitchen while I was in the dining room and Cj came into the dining room and said, "Nana, we got a surprise for your birthday and I'm not telling what it is. We got it at the bakery, but I'm not telling what it is." Then he went in the kitchen and I could hear him telling his parents, "Put the candles on the cake." They said, "Ssshhh! Cj, Nana will hear you." So he shouted really loud, "Okay - we're NOT putting candles on the cake."
Needless to say, I was totally surprised when they brought my birthday cake out to me.
The other totally awesome birthday present I got while I was there was that for the first time Kenzie gave me a full "Nana!" Walked into the house the second day I was there and she ran to me, throwing her arms around my legs and yelled, "Nana!" One of those moments you live for!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home