Nana's Bits & Pieces

This blog is an attempt to keep the many memories of my grandchildren from seeping through the cracks as the years pass, so that they will have them when I am too feeble to recall any of the things we shared. Which may be tomorrow, at the rate I'm going.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Cj's Rainbow Makers

I don't mean to be one of those annoying kind of grandmothers, but you are the only person in my life who would understand this. Cj is my believer in all things magical. He has the most incredible imagination and creates his own worlds and jumps into the ones I create with full-hearted enthusiasm and belief. He believes in dragons, fairies, and other mystical beings and is the only one who has actually had a conversation with one of our ghosts. He is still totally awed and amazed by all things in the natural world and is content looking at stars and raindrops and creating worlds around and in them. My goal in life is to keep the world from stifling and eventually killing this side of him. I took this picture the other day as he was trying to "hula hoop." He suddenly laid down and yelled with pure joy, "Look, Nana - I found a rainbow!!" I went and laid next to him as we gazed up at his "rainbow" (which of course was simply the top "loop" of the hoola hoop he was laying on) and he told a very long and detailed story about rainbows and dragons with paint brushes. Where he got this, I'll never know, as he doesn't watch t.v. I hope I can spread a little "fertilizer" on that part of his brain every time I see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home